NVMe for DBAs
Since flash storage hit the market a few years ago, storage technology has been innovating at an ever increasing rate. With new technologies like NVMe already out, and the next round of fabrics and 3DXpoint/Optane becoming production ready soon, database architects have a lot more to pay attention to and many more options for scaling or consolidating platforms. In this webinar we will cover:
- The emerging technologies influencing database platforms (NVMe, fabrics, 3DXpoint/Optane, etc)
- The effect of NVMe systems on database architecture & design
- Database and data processing use cases for NVMe systems & 3DXpoint/Optane. (From existing SMP workloads like OLTP & analytics to emerging MPP technologies like AI, ML & IoT)
- How to test NVMe systems (it’s not just about the average latency anymore)
- How to see value per database & data processing workload
We will review the state of infrastructure through the eyes of DBAs, database architects and systems engineers and help them understand what they need to know for their current platforms and future platform design.
Matt Henderson, Principal Solutions Architect
Matt has over two decades of experience in architecting high performance database platforms and over six years working with the solid-state storage technologies. He is currently the Principal Solutions Architect at Vexata where he helps customers optimize and scale their mission-critical database platforms as well as manages technical alliances.
Pinal Dave, SQL Server Performance Tuning Expert
Pinal is a SQL Server Performance Tuning Expert. He has authored 11 SQL Server database books, 21 Pluralsight courses and has written over 4000 articles on the database technology on his blog at a https://blog.sqlauthority.com. Along with 16+ years of hands on experience he holds a Masters of Science degree and a number of database certifications.Watch Now