CRN Recognizes Vexata as Storage Leader on 2018 Emerging Tech Vendors List
San Jose, CA – July 23, 2018 – Vexata, a leader in high-performance NVMe Flash storage systems, was today recognized by CRN as for its technological advancements in the Storage category of the 2018 Emerging Vendors List.
This list recognizes recently founded, up-and-coming technology suppliers who are shaping the future of the IT channel through unique technological innovations. The list is divided into seven categories: Cloud, Data Center, Security, Big Data, Unified Communications, Internet of Things (IoT) and Storage. In addition to celebrating the companies featured in these categories, the Emerging Vendors listserves as a valuable resource for solution providers looking to expand their portfolios with cutting-edge technology.
Since launching from stealth in September 2017, Vexata has made tremendous strides in the storage industry. The San-Jose based company most recently unveiled a new version of its Vexata Operating System (VX-OS), which added NVMe over fabric (NVMe-oF) and higher capacities supporting half a petabyte in a dense, 6U chassis. The Vexata VX-100 Scalable NVMe Flash Array delivers 5-10x the performance of leading all-flash arrays at a fraction of the cost targeting high performance analytics and machine learning cognitive era applications. Other notable milestones in the past year include:
- Introducing the world’s fastest family of all-flash storage, featuring both NVMe Flash and Intel Optane based systems, powered by the Vexata Active Data Architecture — a new software layer that enables companies to dramatically reduce storage latency and achieve 10x performance on their existing infrastructure
- Signing customers like Oath, Tata Business Support Services, Pacific Data Center and Sanmina (adding on to its list of Fortune 1000 caliber customers)
- Appointing industry veteran and former Brocade VP, Charles Leeming as chief sales officer to further build out the company’s extensive sales organization and its work with global resellers and channel partners
- Raising $54 million in funding from Lightspeed, Intel Capital, Mayfield, Toshiba and Redline Capital
- Completing the STAC-A3™ benchmarks — which evaluate the performance of financial services infrastructure technology —further validating Vexata’s breakthrough price performance leadership
“The technology suppliers on CRN’s 2018 Emerging Vendors list are creating a bright future for the IT channel, aggressively developing products to meet complex IT market demands, while positively impacting the bottom line of solution providers,” said Bob Skelley, CEO, The Channel Company. “The array of leading-edge products delivered by these organizations will have a lasting impact on the channel for years to come.”
“What started as a vision to address the fundamental architectural gap in all-flash storage systems has quickly grown into a solid business based on a extremely differentiated solution,” said Zahid Hussain, CEO and co-founder of Vexata. “To gain recognition as a rising star in the storage arena is good affirmation that what we’re doing is necessary and groundbreaking — and I couldn’t be prouder of our team who made it all possible.”
The complete list of 2018 Emerging Vendors can be found online at www.crn.com/emergingvendors.
Vexata powers today’s cognitive era applications driving predictive analytics and autonomous decisions. Based on a patented active data architecture, Vexata delivers 10x performance and efficiency improvements at a fraction of the cost of existing all-flash storage solutions. The result is transformative performance with breakthrough economics enabling machine learning and artificial intelligence infrastructure to operate at scale. For more information, please visit Vexata.com or follow us @VexataCorp.
About The Channel Company
The Channel Company enables breakthrough IT channel performance with our dominant media, engaging events, expert consulting and education, and innovative marketing services and platforms. As the channel catalyst, we connect and empower technology suppliers, solution providers and end users. Backed by more than 30 years of unequaled channel experience, we draw from our deep knowledge to envision innovative new solutions for ever-evolving challenges in the technology marketplace. www.thechannelco.com